We’ve all experienced shoulder pain from time to time. And some of us suffer needlessly because we ignore the fact that there is effective treatment to eliminate this pain. Some people would rather take painkillers and continue with life as usual, all the while further damaging their injured shoulder and making matters much worse.
A chiropractor can determine if there is an underlying condition in the spine, which is affecting the nerve supply to the shoulder and possibly causing the condition. Often shoulder problems stem from a problem in the neck, even if there is no symptom of neck pain. They may be able to relieve the problem with spinal adjustments, exercise and prescribing a specific regimen in order to heal from this injury. They will also remind you that painkillers are only going to hide the symptoms and nothing more.
If you’d rather avoid the harmful side effects of pain medications, and instead help your body to heal itself and the pain in your shoulder, please schedule a visit with one of our highly trained chiropractors.
What Shoulder Pain Signs Tell You That It’s Time to Visit a Chiropractor?
As you can imagine, there are certain signs that will tell you that it’s time to visit a chiropractor if you are experiencing serious pain in the shoulder. These signs include:
- Severe pain to the shoulder that persists for a longer period of time than just a few days
- When shoulder pain is recurring, and you have a history of this happening even if you let it settle on its own, it’s time to visit the chiropractor to find out about your treatment options
- When you have a difficult time using your arm, or are not able to use it altogether, this is one of the major signs and symptoms of a more severe problem
- Pain in the shoulder occurring while resting or sleeping at night
- Having a difficult time raising your arm
- Signs of infection, including warmth, swelling, redness and fever
- Chronic shoulder injury that is causing deformity to the joint
When experiencing any of the symptoms mentioned above, it would be advisable to visit a chiropractor right away. The longer you wait, the worse your problem may become. If you leave it alone for too long, you could develop a permanent disability.
What Can a Chiropractor Do to Help You with Your Shoulder Pain?
First, you need to schedule an appointment with a chiropractor. Set up a time to visit at your earliest convenience. A proper diagnosis is the first step to an effective treatment result.
Next, they will begin the diagnostic testing. Your doctor will provide a thorough physical examination, and x-rays when needed, and talk to you about the injury or condition and find out more about your activities of daily living.
Once this is established, the chiropractor will then prescribe a plan of treatment. This treatment regimen will help to alleviate the pain and suffering so that it does not return again, unless you aggravate the injury in another way.
We urge you to visit a chiropractor today. Schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at your earliest convenience. It’s worth it over the long run, and you’ll be happy that you no longer have to suffer.